WP Travel Stripe Checkout provides the best payment experience for you. It is designed to increase your revenue and is full of little touches to make things easier for your customers.WP Travel Stripe Checkout works beautifully on every device, with custom experiences for mobile, tablet, and desktop.
Like WP Travel Standard PayPal and Express Checkout, Stripe checkout is also an amazing addition to the WP Travel Plugin. Stripe Checkout creates any type of payment flow and enables you to accept payments in minutes.
So undoubtedly Stripe Checkout will take the WP travel plugin to whole new level.
The Admin will be able to view the lists and the booking detail that is made by the clients.
Booking listing :
The Booking listing page consists of the following information.
- Contact name: It is the name of the person under which the booking is made using the booking form.
- Status: This column lists your booking status.
- Payment: This column lists the type of payment you have made i.e. either Full Payment or Partial Payment.
- Booking Date: This column displays the booking published date.
If required, the admin has the authority to change the booking detail made by the client as well.
How to set up Stripe Payments for WP Travel
To activate this Payment Gateway, go to Admin Panel > WP Travel > Settings > Payment and enable Stripe Payments.
Once the payment gateway is enabled, you need to enter the required credentials.
- Enable Stripe: This option allows the user to enable/disable the Stripe checkout option.
- Test Publishable Key: This option allows you to enter the test publishable key.
- Test Secret Key: This option allows you to enter the test secret key.
- Live Publishable Key: This option allows you to enter the live publishable key.
- Live Secret Key: This option allows you to enter the live secret key.
Note: If you do not have the key already or is wondering how to get the key then please look in the section, please read the article given below.
Steps to get the keys for stripe checkout
To start using Stripe Checkout, you’ll need to set up a Verified stripe account If you do not already have one, you can sign up here: Stripe Checkout
Create a Stripe account if you don’t have created one before
- Click ‘API‘. It will show your test and live API keys.
There is basically a Booking Options. It is:
- Booking with Payment.
Booking with Payment:
To enable the booking with payment options at the front end, at first you have to enable the option “Stripe Checkout” by going to Admin panel > Trips > Settings > Payments.
Under this option, there are two modes of booking.
- Full Payment: If you desire to go with Full payment then you can simply choose the option “Full Payment” and click on the booking button. Clicking on the booking button will lead you to the PayPal home page. After making the required payment you can return to the merchant and if you want, you can even make the booking further.
- Partial Payment: If you desire to go with partial payment then you can simply choose the option “Partial Payment” and click on the booking button.
- When a user clicks the Book and Pay button, your app sets up the payment and begins the checkout in a popup window.
- Stripe takes those details, encrypts the data and pushes them on the Stripe server, makes sure the data doesn’t hit the server, does the basic validation (such as invalid expiry date or invalid credit card number etc), creates a token representing the credit card info and posts the token to your server.
- The User can review and authorizes the payment.
- PayPal returns control to your site to finalize the payment. The site then shows the payment details as given in the screenshot.
Checkout with the version greater than 1.0.7 (SCA Compatibility)
Strong Customer Authentication (SCA), a new rule coming into effect on September 14, 2019 as part of PSD2 regulation in Europe, will require changes to how your European customers authenticate online payments.
So WP Travel Strip Checkout is released with the stripe integration with the SCA.
There is not much difference in the setting. The payment processing using the strip checkout after the update is mentioned below:
From this version, you need to directly add the card no in the checkout page.
After the addition of the card no. and clicking on the “Book and Pay” button, a popup button will appear in the screen for the authentication along with the payment amount.
Clicking on the “Complete Authentication” button will complete your payment process.
Note: If you are facing issues while making payment through Stripe checkout in WP Travel then worry not, please once refer given link.