To add the coupon please follow below-given steps.
- Go to: WP Travel > Coupons.
- Create a new coupon by selecting Add Coupon. Or hover over an existing one to Edit.
- Coupon Status: This will show the current coupon status i.e. whether it is active or has expired.
- Coupon Code: Code used by the customer to apply the coupon. Must be unique as it’s used as an identifier.
- Coupon Type:
- Percentage discount – A percentage discount for the trips selected.
- Fixed discount – A fixed amount discount for the trips selected.
- Coupon Value: If you select fixed discount then add fixed amount or if you select Percentage discount then enter the amount in percentage.
- Coupon Expiry Date: You can set the expiry date for each coupon code.
There are a few restrictions that the coupon offers.
- Limit Coupons to Trips: You can provide the coupon for the trips you wish.
- Coupon Usage Limit: You even limit the no time of usage of the coupon.
- Coupon User: This option allows you to select the user to assign a coupon. For detail assistance, please once refer given link.
User Specific Coupon Feature:
WP Travel v5.0.0 has come up with a new feature that allows the users who have been assigned a coupon to get the coupon code automatically and can get a discount from the total price when booking the trip being logged in. When the user booking the trip being logged in, the coupon code will be automatically inputted in the coupon field in the mini cart section so that the user can apply it when booking a trip. The coupon code of the coupon assigned to the user will be displayed automatically as shown in the screenshot below.