In today’s tutorial, we’ll delve into the process of translating strings available in the WP Travel plugin.
WP Travel, a tour operator plugin, is a translation-ready plugin, that allows you to seamlessly translate its content into any language of your choice.
For this translation process, we’ll be utilizing the Loco Translate plugin, a powerful tool that simplifies the translation of strings within the WP Travel plugin.
Follow our step-by-step guide to effortlessly translate your travel website’s content.
Table of contents
- How to translate strings in the WP Travel Plugin?
How to translate strings in the WP Travel Plugin?
Step 1: Installing Loco Translate
Begin by downloading and installing the Loco Translate plugin directly from the WordPress plugin dashboard.
- Navigate to “Plugins” and select “Add New.” In the search bar, type “Loco Translate.”
- You’ll find the Loco Translate plugin at the top of the search results.
- Click “Install Now,” and within seconds, it will be ready for use.
Alternatively, you can download the Loco Translate plugin from the provided link in the description.
Step 2: Activating Loco Translate
- Once the Loco Translate plugin is installed, activate it.
- You’ll notice the “Loco Translate” tab now appears in your WordPress dashboard. This is where the magic happens.
Step 3: Selecting the WP Travel Plugin
Locate your installed plugins in the list displayed within the Loco Translate tab.
Step 4: Choosing the Target Language
- Select the language to which you want to translate the strings.
- You can do this by clicking “New Language” and choosing your desired language from the dropdown menu.
- Ensure that you’ve selected the option to “Start Translating.”
Note: Make sure from the other sections first option is selected
Step 5: Searching for Strings
- In the Translation section, you’ll find a search bar labeled “Filter translations.” This is where you’ll search for specific strings to translate.
- For example, if you want to translate “activities,” type it into the search bar.
- Once you click on the string, the source text will appear.
Below, you’ll see a field for the translation in your chosen language. Paste the translated version here and save your changes.
Step 6: Adjusting Site Language
- Now, go to your website’s settings by heading to “Settings” and then “General.”
- Under “Site Language,” select your chosen language (in our case, Nepalese) and save the changes.
This action will ensure that your entire website is displayed in the selected language.
Step 7: Reviewing the Translations
Head over to your front-end page to see the translations in action.
You’ll notice that strings like “activities” have been translated into your chosen language.
Step 8: Further Translations
To translate additional strings, repeat the process. Search for the string, input the translation, and save your changes.
For example, you can translate “trip type” and “group size” into your chosen language.
Step 9: Checking Front-End Results
Once again, visit your front-end page to see the translations applied.
Strings such as “trip type” and “group size” should now be displayed in your chosen language.
Also, the strings used in tabs cannot be translated using the LOCO Translate plugin as the strings for tabs are editable and not hard coded. So, you have to add a translated string for the tab manually.
Congratulations on effectively translating strings within the WP Travel Booking Plugin using the Loco Translate plugin.
This user-friendly process enables you to cater to a global audience by presenting content in their chosen language.
We trust that you’ve discovered this tutorial as a valuable resource for broadening the reach and enhancing the accessibility of your travel website.
If you’ve found these insights beneficial, please consider giving this article a thumbs up and sharing it with fellow travel enthusiasts.
Stay tuned for additional tutorials and updates aimed at elevating the functionality and user experience of your travel website. Until our next encounter, safe travels!
Also, if you liked this article, then subscribing to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials would be the cherry on top.
Further, if you have any queries, please submit them to our Contact page.
You may find it useful:
WP Travel is Best Travel Booking WordPress Plugin, a Free and Powerful Tour Management Engine (available in the PRO version with additional features) for making customized travel agency or tour operator websites on WordPress in minutes!